Friday, September 11, 2009

back-to-school treats

We hope everyone is back into the swing of things now that the kids are in school. I feel pretty settled into my daily routine. My little guy just started kindergarten so it has been a pretty exciting time for us. Last week after his first day of school, I thought it would be fun for him to come home to a yummy homemade treat. I found this yummy recipe on Pillsbury's website and knew it would be a fun treat for my boys. Hope you enjoy it too!



Reese's® Puffs® Sticky Balls


1/4 cup margarine
1 bag (10 oz) regular marshmallows
1 box (14.25 oz) Reese's® Puffs® cereal
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 tsp. shortening

In saucepan, melt butter and marshmallows over low heat, stirring frequently, until smooth. Stir in cereal. Spread cereal mixture on waxed paper. Cool 5 minutes.

Lightly spray hands with cooking spray and shape mixture into balls.

In a small microwaveable dish, microwave chocolate chips and shortening on high 1- 2 minutes, stirring until smooth. Drizzle chocolate over cereal balls. Let stand 30 minutes until chocolate is set.

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
16 Comments

16 Responses to “back-to-school treats”

Lo said...

yum! those look good!

3 o'clock walk said...

yum! I'll try these with regular Cocoa Puffs...I'm allergic to PB sadly :(

Tiff said...

Yummy!

I am still ecstatic about the "spray your accidentally bleached shirt with more water/bleach to make it look intentional" idea. I just sorta destroyed a favorite t-shirt of mine yesterday and will be using that tip sometime in the near future!

Grace @ One Craft Girl's Corner said...

Who wouldn't want to come home to those? So yummy! I have some yummy stuff in my blog too. Please come by and take a look!

onecraftgirlscorner.blogspot.com

Jillian said...

Is it bad that I don't even have kids and when I saw this post I immediately thought my husband would like them? :)

Amy said...

My girls would love these!

Bev @ The 3 Clutters said...

My son is going to love these!

Tales From the Land of Motherhood said...

Oh the kids are going to love these! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Just want you to know that I love your blog! :)

DELISH! :)

Beansieleigh said...

Oh, these look good!.. I just posted about your Apple Dip recently! It was delicious, and that recipe is a KEEPER! ~tina

Liz said...

They look delicious. Now I've got to remember to get some of that cereal next time I go off the island to shop.

Unknown said...

Um, yum. Those look awesome.

My Trendy Tykes said...

mmmmmm these look super YUMMY!

Nicole-Lynn said...

These look super yummy! Thanks.

Thoris Designs said...

I wrote about this recipe on my blog at thorisdesigns.blogspot.com. Pictures included.

Also, you guys have been such an inspiration with your recipes that I've started posting my own recipes. I hope you guys like mine as much as I love yours.

Have a great day ;)

Twiggles and Trunks said...

linked this recipe today!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs