Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Monster Repellent



Got creepy crawlies under the bed? Boogie men living in your closet? Furious fangs lurking in the hall?

Never fear! The Little Birdies have the solution for you. Scaring away monsters has never been easier. Just a little water and Super Monster Repellant (aka your favorite essential oil) and you have the ingredients for your super Monster Repellant. This potion is so easy to make, your little ones can help too.




Supplies:

Water Spray Bottle (we found ours in the laundry section of the Fred Meyer)
Stickers, paper, pictures of monsters--whatever you want to use to decorate your Monster Repellent Bottle
Water
Super Monster Repellant (this is also known as your favorite essential oil. You can pick this up at your local drug store or health food store)

Once you've gathered all your supplies, you are now ready to make your repellent.

Step One:
Decorate your bottle. The more official it looks, the more fear instilled in the scary monster.

Step Two:
Fill your bottle with water.

Step Three:
Add one or two drops of Super Monster Repellent (essential oil)

Now you are ready to battle anything that comes your way. Monsters hate this spray. One spritz will have them running to the hills so you can have a good night sleep.

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
23 Comments

23 Responses to “Monster Repellent”

Tanna Clark said...

I love this idea. I remember seeing someone using "monster repellent" a long time ago. She wrapped a drawing she made over an air freshener spray. I think the essential oils is a better route though rather than an aerosol can! :)

Ink Obsession Designs said...

That is really, really cute!

Our Little Family said...

O my boys are going to love this! What a fun easy idea!

WonderKitty said...

I totally had this as a child. We would spray it in the closet and under the bed every night. Worked like a charm!

Teresa aka Tess said...

This is great, I love the concept and your monster repellent bottle looks very "official". Great job!!

Karley Ziegler Mott said...

I do this for my boys--theirs is a blend of lavender and chamomile but it takes the monsters away :)

The Whispering Creek House said...

O my I do love this idea!

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

This is so fabulous! My kids are going to love this!

Deanna said...

The oils work especially well for little boy bedrooms when they like to tinkle on EVERYTHING!

I think I need to go and DECORATE our monster spray now! LOVE IT!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

REally cute idea! I will definitely make this. I will also include this in a "kid" round-up at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com.

Brenda said...

What a clever idea! I might have to try that one in my daughters room, I'm pretty sure there are a few monsters under her bed.....it stinks also so the essential oils are gonnafix that too!

Alexis said...

so smart! I've never thought of this!

Atticelf said...

LOL...I love this!

marie said...

I love this ~ it'll be perfect for some special little ones for Christmas gifts.
Thanks for sharing.

seven thirty three said...

I did this for my lil bro ( who is now 17!) When he was little... he totally believed in it and its magical powers!

Blanca said...

Like it!! Gr8 idea! :-)

Saludos desde EspaƱa.
Blanca, Coser y Cantar

Ash said...

Can't wait to make this for my kiddos. They will love it. Just have to get a spray bottle.

Carri said...

I love this idea too and wish I'd had it several years ago. Think my 7 year old will still 'believe'?

Bev @ The 3 Clutters said...

Love the label! How cute is that? My son is past believing that a spray can get rid of monsters, but the night light does wonders!

Stephanie said...

Great idea!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

This is fabulous! I needed this when I was little. I wouldn't have had to do the run-and-jump. =) I'll be linking.

Ashley said...

What an awesome idea!!!

Please stop by my blog and enter some fun giveaways. I've got a really great one that's ending today for a kid's outfit valued at $113! I really need to get some more entries for it, so I'd really appreciate your help! And you have a good chance of winning too!!! :)

Kristin Dyer said...

Love, Love, Love this idea. I put my little one to bed just tonight and had the monster talk again. . .
Tomorrow will be different.

THANKS>>>

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs