Friday, September 18, 2009

strawberry peach crisp

For those of you with peaches still on the mind, here is a recipe for you! After I canned my three boxes of peaches a few weeks ago, I realized I needed to start using a couple of my jars from the previous year. I scanned through my recipes and found this tasty delight. The best part was I had everything on hand already, so I went ahead and whipped it up. It was so light and delicious!



Strawberry Peach Crisp

1/2 c. flour
2 cans (15 1/4 oz each) peach slices, drained
2 c. halved strawberries
3/4 c. + 2 T. brown sugar
1/4 c. cold butter
3 c. Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds cereal, crushed
1/2 c. cool whip (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove 2 T. of flour and set aside. Toss peaches with strawberries, 3/4 c. brown sugar and remaining flour. Place in ungreased 8 inch dish. Mix 2 T. flour and 2 T. brown sugar. Cut in butter. Add cereal and stir until well blended. Sprinkle over fruit mixture. Bake for 25 minutes. Serve with cool whip, if desired.

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
9 Comments

9 Responses to “strawberry peach crisp”

Grace @ One Craft Girl's Corner said...

This sounds so yummy! Unfortunately, we don't get good peaches out here.

The Whispering Creek House said...

O my favorite fruits made in a recipe together! your speaking my language! yummy gonna use this one! thanks for sharing another good thing!

Mimi@Life At Mimi's House said...

Looks looks so yummy! I just made an apple pie that is along the same recipe idea. Just another reminder that fall is in the air. Thanks for sharing.

Mimi

Becky said...

Mmmmmmm. Can I have some please.

Candice @ Made With Love said...

No peaches here, but the crips sure looks delicious! Thanks for sharing! :)

The Knudsen's said...

this sounds delish!

Thoris Designs said...

just made this and it turned out beautifully. I'll be blogging it tomorrow. thanks for another wonderful recipe ;)

Dejah Thoris
thorisdesigns.blogspot.com

ONCE upon a time.... said...

i have a box of peaches in my fridge, still ripe, waiting to be made into something wonderful like this!! i can't wait to get started! i wonder if frozen raspberries would work too?.....

Peach Cobbler said...

The cereal idea sounds delicious. I'm going to give it a try. Thanks for sharing. :D

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs